So I did a thing... recently got introduced to the wonderful world of book trailers! And then...
I made a trailer for my book!
I recently learned book trailers even existed. Why is this not a thing for every book? I love it! Maybe it's because I'm such a sucker for a good movie preview, but book trailers seem like a great idea. I would have an even longer TBR pile if there were trailers for all books, so maybe it is a good thing there isn't.
For ILLUMINOUS, though there is! And you can watch it, for those that haven't already, by clicking that pretty grey button up there.
For those that are curious, what does it take to make a book trailer?
* 3 days of backwards planning
* Signing up to a video editing site just to realize I didn't need to
* Getting onto said editing site the correct way, just to learn I need photos to make a video
* Scouring through photos
* Scouring through music
* Figure out how to describe your entire book in 4-6 slides
* Remind self not to try to be funny
* Forget and try to be funny
* Edit, edit, edit, remove any remnants of personal humor
*Make first video too short, and try again
*Debate over which of the two, almost exact videos are better
*Ask for opinions only to realize I already know which one I want after I ask, resulting in me agonizing over the idea that someone will choose the wrong one, then get offended when I don't use it
*Start posting video I like before they answer (Sorry friends!)
For every other author it's probably easier so don't be discouraged. I just make sure to make everything more dramatic than it need be. Ha!
So there was my fun adventure into the writing world for the last three days! I hope you enjoy the book trailer!