These last 48 hours have been crazy!
I have been showered with support and love and understanding these last couple days. I'm so beyond thankful and flattered for everyone I know and everyone who has gone out of their way to show some love. I'm overwhelmed in a good way. Lets just say when I envisioned getting published, there was a lot I didn't know, even just 48 short hours ago. It has been hectic and stressful and move amazing than I ever imagined...
A few years ago I started a list, and on this list I wrote down items that scared me. I started checking off these items one by one forcing myself to face my fears and do everything that I've always wanted to do. I call it my Ultimate Adventure List. It's a big part of my life and has taught me that sometimes you just have to dive in even if you don't quite know what you're doing and it will be epically worth it. This list has built me up to a level of outward self confidence that is nothing like what I feel inside, but doing the list has had me achieving crazy dreams that I used to think "just me" would never do. Being a published author was definitely always #1. If not for this list and these last few years, I wouldn't have known what to do with myself and all the support I've had the last couple days.
**On that note, there's a special shout out right here for Mary Duke, Rebecca Weeks, Amanda Fable, Monica & Chloe Crosson, and Jaymie Earheart!**
What I learned from my release is I have an amazing support system and its so appreciated and needed. I am so blessed with all the people in my life. Close friends, family, old friends and new, online friends and real life friends, family I haven't seen in years. I have so many people in my life that have reached out to me, you are all amazing!!!! You guys are what made this special day even more special.
Thank You All!!!
I also had a Live Illuminous Release Cocktail Party!!
This was a blast! My darling daughter (not pictured) threw me a little Illuminous themed cocktail party in honor of my book release. I was clawsome! There was a dress code, only werewolves allowed. It went off splendidly and I greatly appreciate everyone who showed up and showed support. She gave a toast that almost brought me to tears, and embarrassed me a bit lol, but what are daughters for.
Today was better than I ever could have hoped.
So what did I learn from ALL of this? A few things-
1. Support systems can make or break you. From your family, friends, and even your Publisher.
2. Trust your gut!! If you feel something might be wrong, check it! Don't doubt yourself.
3. Double check every single detail before release day. Down to things you don't even control. Don't worry about annoying people, this is your book! You need to know every single thing is correct before release day!
4. Know what an online release party is and who is doing your takeovers before you invite young ones(*cough* or your own father *cough*), that while they may be your target audience, are NOT the target audience for a release party with takeovers by romance *err... erotic* novelists. Also get to know the authors doing takeovers, they pretty much rock!!
5. Explain what takeovers are to your friends and family who haven't read your book so they don't get confused and think you wrote a romance novel and they didn't know it. lol
6. Have a LIVE release party to celebrate your achievement with your family and friends! Its so fun and so worth it!
7. Enjoy the moment and bask in your accomplishment. At the end of the day- YOU DID IT! Make sure not to get caught up in the stress or worry, just pat yourself on the back and relax! (After doing 5 million and 1 little happy dances every time you're alone in a room lol*